“It is prohibited to make a product available on the market, 1. If the product, its packaging or accompanying documentation are CE marked, but the CE marking is not provided for in the statutory instruments referred to in section 8 (1) or in other legal provisions...” according to section 7 (2) of the Product Safety Act (ProdSG) valid throughout Europe.
In return it is also prohibited
according to ProdSG section 7 (2) to make a product available on the market, “if the product does not bear a CE marking although a statutory instrument referred to in section 8 (1) or any other legal provision requires its affixing.”
There is basically nothing left to be added. That is why we have been offering ever more refined solutions for years. All solutions offered are based on our experience from countless procedures with different European market surveillance authorities or have repeatedly passed their examinations successfully:
- Conformity workshop – basics of CE marking and product safety, instructions for action, target group: decision makers, product developers and service staff
- Workshop on fully-assembled bicycle testing – do-it-yourself tests and practical implementation, including template(s) for performing tests on your own for any number of models of one brand
- Risk assessment “Individual” – model-specific risk assessment from us
- Risk assessment “Premium” – workshop incl. database for preparing a risk assessment for any number of models on your own
- Operating instructions in national language – checked, category-specific and in 40 languages, partly available immediately ex stock
- Template declaration of conformity – category-specific for preparing a risk assessment for any number of models
- Template CE sticker – category-specific for preparing a risk assessment for any number of models
Of course, the workshops and documents can also address specific requirements if you are represented in the US – or intend to be.
Your contact: firstname.lastname@example.org